East Preston Day Care Centre and Family Resource Centre
Employment Opportunity: Bookkeeper/Office Manager
The East Preston Day Care operates one of the provinces top Non-profit Day Care and Family Resource Centres. We provide exceptional care, development and services for our children, youth, families, seniors, and all community members.
Our team is passionate, caring, supportive and driven by a need to deliver quality and innovative solutions to our community. We have a supportive team which encourages us to embrace each other’s strengths, and respect everyone’s ideas.
We are looking for highly motivated individual to assume the full-time role of Office Manager / Bookkeeper working out of the East Preston Day Care. This position reports to the Executive Director and the Finance Chair of the Board of Directors.
What you will do in the role
- Process Account Receivables, Account Payables, Payroll
- Maintain a full set of records up to and including Financial Statements for Board of Directors each month.
- Working with community as a strong team player and stakeholder manger
- Working with government and community funder partners. We currently have 8 Government Funded Projects at the Family Recourse Centre
- Develop and maintain budgets for all programs.
What you will need
- Excellent client service skills, organization and communication skills to work in this fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of administrative office requirements and computer skills to be able to perform each essential job requirement.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience in Sage 50 Premium. Project based account experience with Sage is an asset.
- ADP Payroll
- Preference will be given to those who have a post-secondary certificate or diploma in a Secretary, Administration, or Business Management Program.
- Experience in Non-Profit and working with Government funded programs.
- What you will receive:
- Competitive compensation, flexible benefits, and pension plan.
- A culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion, with a strong focus on community and corporate social responsibility.
Applications accepted until May 7th, 2020.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com. Please indicate salary expectations and available start date. All candidates will be required to do a test of excel and Sage upon interview. References requested if chosen for interview. Successful candidate will require Criminal Check and Child Abuse Registry check.